Kartik Swami is a temple of mystic ambiance and exquisite views, and is dedicated to Lord Shiva’s son ‘Kartikey‘
Perched at an elevation of 10,006 ft Kartik Swami offers mesmerizing views of a wide Himalayan range (Chaukhamba to Bandarpunch and from Neelkanth to Trishul). Kartik Swami top offers splendid 360 degree view of Himalayas (both snow peaks and lower Himalayas).
Trek of 3 kms. start from village Kanakchauri, which is 39 kms from ‘Rudraprayag’.
Apart from the breathtaking views and indescribable feeling, the trek to the temple also offers an opportunity for bird watching, camping, and village tourism.
Start time: 08:00 AM
Road Distance: 219 kms | Duration: 7/8 hours
Drive to Kanakchauri village via Rishikesh – Devprayag – Rudraprayag – Durgadhar.
Evening free for leisure time.
Night stay in Guest House at Kanakchauri.
Start Time: 07:00 AM
Trek Distance: 03 kms Up & 03 Kms Down | Duration: 2 hours each side | Road Distance (Kanakchauri – Rodraprayag) 39 Kms | Duration: 1:45 hours.
After early breakfast trek to Kartik Swami temple. One Can view from the temple peaks such as Nanda devi, Nanda-Ghunti,Trisuli, Meru-Sumeru, Chowkhamba Panchachuli, Kamet, Doonagiri Neelkanth, Bandarpoonch.
ater trek down to Kanakchauri. After Lunch drive to Rudraprayag.
Night stay in Rudraprayag.
Start Time: 10:00 AM
Distance: 140 Kms | Duration: 4/5 hours.
After breakfast drive to Rishikesh. En-route short halt of 10 minutes at Devprayag to view the Confluence of holy rivers Alaknanda and Bhagirathi forming the Ganges.
On reaching Rishikesh attend evening Ganga aarti at Triveni Ghat. Later drive to Dehradun.
Tour concludes on drop at Dehradun. Services terminate.
- Transport by Non AC Car / Coach as per group size.
- Non AC Accommodation on twin / triple sharing basis in Guest House at Kanakchauri. Dlx Accommodation in hotel at Rudraprayag.
- All Veg meals on fix menu basis (From Dinner on Day 1 to Breakfast on Day 3). Packed meal for trekking route.
- All toll taxes and parking charges for vehicle.
- Driver's Allowances.
- Entry Fee & Forest Department's permit for trekking route.
- Porter cum guide services to carry meals on trekking route (If want to carry packed lunch).
- B/F and Lunch on Day 1.
- Lunch & Dinner on Day 3.
- Any snacks, mineral water, medicines, charges.
- Any tips, priest charges, pooja charges, extra porter services, extra tour guide services.
- Any service, item not specified in 'Inclusions' section.
Things to know
Round the year, in winters the treks is snow covered.
Woollen (Light woolen in summers) clothing – including thermal pants and shirts, a pair of woollen gloves, woollen and sun caps, 2 pairs of woollen socks, a woollen scarf, thick jackets, etc.
At least 5 litres of bottled water and instant food like cookies and cakes.
Necessary toiletries like hand sanitizers, towels, napkins, etc.
Extra bio-degradable bags
Sunglasses and lip balms.
Waterproof rucksack and rain cover for rucksack.
Medical kit, including any prescribed medicines
Torch with fresh batteries
Raincoat or windcheater
Relevant trekking and camping gear like trekking shoes, trekking backpack, trekking poles, etc.
Carry minimum weight as you will be responsible for your own baggage.
Do not use plastic, or in case you do, keep it with you for disposal at a facility.
Consuming liquor and smoking is not allowed for the journey.
The decision of the trek leader will be final and binding.
Delays may occur due to weather conditions
Ensure the safety of your own baggage.
Carry light woolen cloths in summers, and heavy woolen in winters.
Sun glasses, Cap are a must.
Carry all your garbage back with you, and dispose at prescribed places only in dustbins.
Limited Mobile network is available for Airtel, Idea, Vodafone, and BSNL numbers at Kanakchauri. However, on trekking route at most of the places, there may not be connectivity, and last network available is at base camp (Kanakchauri) so finish your calls at Kanakchauri and inform your family about limited phone connectivity.
Consuming alcohol while you trek to the high altitudes and in cold climatic conditions will be dangerous to your body. Also, consuming alcohol will make you dehydrate fast since it makes your pores in the body open and get the cold inside. So, consuming alcohol not at all is permitted during the trek.
Also, Kartik Swami is a Hindu pilgrimage site, so Alcohol is not permitted here.
ENCHANT TOURS requests you to read the booking terms and conditions carefully and to understand them before booking your trip with us. This Booking Terms and Conditions is a legal contract between ENCHANT TOURS and you which contains important information about services provided by ENCHANT TOURS and sets out the basis of your legal relationship with us.
Bookings And Payments
- To process a Booking you must send us a completed booking form with 20% non-refundable deposit as detailed below. This will constitute your acceptance of our Terms and Conditions.
- We require you to send a copy of each person’s aadhar / passport and a passport size photo by email to our Dehradun office which will be used to issue permits in advance for trekking, climbing and other adventure activities.
- After receiving the photo copy of your Aadhar / Passport and the completed booking form with your 20% non-refundable deposit, we will send you your final confirmation receipt.
- Deposits are required for each person on each trip.
- Please contact us regarding direct deposit details.
- A bank service charge may apply and should be paid at the time of deposit.
- We only accept IMPS / NEFT / RTGS / WIRE-TRANSFER payments.
- The remaining balance can be paid a minimum of 20 days before the trip departure date.
- ENCHANT TOURS reserves the right to cancel your trip should the full amount not be paid in time.
- Where possible, we will accept your last minute booking 2 days prior to tour departure date and full payment is required.
Cancellation & Booking Changes
- Cancellation notice is required minimum 20 days prior to trip departure and must be given to us in written form, such notice commences from the day the notice is received. Cancellation shall be valid with approval from the company after receiving documentation. The Trip will be cancelled and a cancellation charge of 20% of the total trip amount will be deducted from your deposit.
- There will be no refund to clients that provide the cancellation notice less than 20 days before trip departure.
- There will be no refund if a group member leaves a trip for any reason whatsoever, either voluntarily, involuntarily or if you commit any unlawful act after the trip has commenced. We will make no refunds for any meals, accommodation or services not used.
- Should you require other changes to your original tour, the person that booked the tour must submit a written document with changes required? While every effort will be made to make the desired changes, they cannot be guaranteed.
- If you are prevented from traveling on the tour due to serious circumstances such as death, injury or grave illness of a passenger, close relative or friend, or jury service, you may postpone or transfer your booking to another person, provided they meet all the requirements relating to that tour. You must provide proof of why you are unable to travel when you change your booking. A fee of INR 2,000/- per person is required if you postpone or transfer this tour within two weeks of the trip departure.?
- All clients must have a valid passport with at least 6 months of passport validity from the return date.
- Any kind of insurance (accident, injury, medical, death etc.) is not covered by us.
- Travel insurance is can be purchased by the travelers on their own at extra cost. It provides adequate protection for the full duration of the tour to cover personal injury, death, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, helicopter rescue, air ambulance and adequate cover for baggage.
Health & Fitness
- All our Uttarakhand tours and treks require a degree of fitness; therefore you should always check with your local GP regarding your health and fitness before you travel. It’s the client’s responsibility to notify ENCHANT TOURS of any pre-existing medical conditions and/or disability that may affect your ability to travel on your desired trip.
- A legal guardian must accompany all travelers under the age of eighteen. If you have any questions regarding age and suitability, please contact us for further information.
- You agree that ENCHANT TOURS may use images of you taken during the trip without recourse to you and without compensation to you, for publicity and promotion purposes, through whatever medium it chooses.
Changes To Your Holiday And Pricing
- If the duration of the tour extends due to unavoidable circumstances, natural calamities, weather conditions, government order etc; extra charges to be paid in cash only.
- Traveling with ENCHANT TOURS requires a degree of flexibility, good humor and an understanding that modes of transport, accommodation and itineraries may change, even after the tour has commenced, without prior notice due to local circumstances such as flight delay, cancellation or postponement due to extreme weather in the Himalayan regions or other unpredictable circumstances such as land-slides, road blockage, floods, snow, political unrest etc. ENCHANT TOURS is unable to refund any money under the above circumstances due to prior supplier arrangements. If possible, we will always endeavor to provide you an alternative or substitute trip of the similar variety.
- ENCHANT TOURS does not accept any responsibility for situations beyond ENCHANT TOURS’s control.
- Our trek packages, are based on twin / triple share accommodation. Thus, a single room supplement charge will be imposed to clients who do not have another tour participant to share the accommodation with.
- We reserve the right to revise pricing rates posted in our marketing material, under any circumstances, due to pressure of various external factors that are out of our control, for instance changes in exchange rate, government action etc.
- In order to collect information from you to making a booking through ENCHANT TOURS we will ask many questions to obtain the necessary permits. No private or personal information that you supply to us when making a booking will be disclosed for any other purposes.
Risk & Liabilities
- We are committed to providing you with the best services which will give you a once in a life time journey. We perform our duties honestly & seriously to make your journey as smooth & enjoyable as possible. However, all of our programs in Uttarakhand are conducted strictly under the rules and regulation from the government of Uttarakhand.
- Therefore ENCHANT TOURS and its related organization shall not be responsible for any changes in the itinerary due to unavoidable circumstance such as govt. restriction, land slide, road blockage, flood, snow, political unrest, flight delay or cancellation, sickness, or accidents. Any extra costs will be borne by our clients on the spot in cash payment only.
Our Responsible Tourism Policy
- ENCHANT TOURS is re-inventing tourism for the benefit of local people, tourists, environment, and the tourism industry at large.
- Should you have a complaint about the trip or tour, you must make it known to a tour leader or guide at the earliest opportunity so we can take appropriate action.
- In case of any dispute, courts in the city of Dehradun (Capital of state of Uttarakhand in India) shall only have jurisdiction.